Sunday, April 4, 2010

the coincidental tourist

After nearly 3 years in NYC (it's really been that long?!) this weekend was by far the most 'touristic' I've had so far. Friday, I had a day off of work, and since our friends Jeroen and Mara left us a tourist pass with one activity left on it we decided to go for a hop-on-hop-off downtown bus tour. It was a gorgeous spring day and it was a lot of fun to go around NYC on the top of the double deck bus with a guide. We got all the info on the landmarks we usually walk by without paying much attention. And since I'm an information junky and history buff I thought this was awesome!
Thanks Mara and Jeroen!


This was a lot of fun and technically the weekend hadn't even started! Saturday, my brother-in-law, Adam, was shooting some real estate photos (in case you didn't know, he's an amazing photographer). Nothing too get to excited about if it wasn't for the fact that this meant an hour long helicopter flight over NYC to shoot from the air! I guess the question if I wanted to come along, would qualify for being rhetoric. In one word, it was awesome! I could go on and on about it, but I'll leave it at awesome and share the proverbial picture that is worth a 1000 words.
Thanks Adam and Taylor!


Sunday Laura and I went for a nice bike ride along the Hudson river. To celebrate Easter and end this great weekend in an appropriate manor, we had the family over for a nice dinner party. I love spring!

No comments: