Wednesday, April 14, 2010

slow down



OK, I'm not trying to enforce any stereotypes here. I actually think I lost weight since I moved to the States. The idea that all Americans are overweight is just as dumb as the idea that all the French do is drink wine, smoke cigarettes and wear berets while staying skinny, healthy and good looking.
But! I like the chart below because it encourages us to enjoy our food and company and take our time eating. That's why I'm sharing it. Since the season to eat outdoors is almost here, it's a good time to take this advise at heart. Fire up the grill!
Notice that Swedes are generally skinnier than Belgians but Belgians spend more time eating. I wonder if our beer, chocolate and waffles might have something to do with this?


Disclaimer: I don't know where this chart comes from so I can't vouch for it's accuracy. But even if it's made up, it's a great excuse to eat and drink well and hang out with friends and family! Who cares about accuracy anyway...

No comments: